Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pre Op vs Post Op Dancing

Yesterday I completed my silver street Latin meringue routine. Rocked it. Had a fab time and got honours for it too. Only my second honours ever in 18 routines. So I'm pretty happy with that. 

But I'm even happier about some of the differences I've noticed in my dancing. 

Before surgery I was able to dance one 2-3minute song of a progressive routine before needing to sit down to catch my breath. Also on achievement day, knowing I would be dancing in heels, I would need to load up on Gatorade and neurofen 2 hours before and after dancing (achievement routine is lucky to be 60 seconds) to manage the cramping that would happen in my feet and calves. If I forgot to do this, my legs would be so painfully cramped that I couldn't drive home without crying. Even with this Gatorade/neurofen routine, I would limp and be uncomfortable for at least 2-3 days afterwards. 

During my private lessons, my teacher had pointed out that I wasn't as puffed out and that I didn't seem to be experiencing foot pain like before. 

I was unsure if I was able to take neurofen post surgery (must find out just in case) so figured I would just have to suck it up and see what happened. 

I danced in heels, drug free. I wasn't sweating and short of breath after my routine. Later that night at the presentation, I danced 2 songs of my favourite progressive routine (Mayfair for anyone who is interested) and *shock* wasn't even puffed! There was no cramping at all. Yesterday, last night or today. 

Cannot believe the difference already. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. How are you going? Would love to hear how everything is.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete