Monday, February 17, 2014

4 weeks post op

A week of new foods and old temptations. 

This week bought the opportunity to introduce more soft foods into my diet. I've had white fish and some ravioli, both awesome. Hubby and I are able to eat variations of the same meals now. 

Eating feels weird. Everything feels normal at the start, then one more bite and bam, full! Then I get this odd kind of feeling in my back, kind of mid section. Not pain, or discomfort, nor pleasant, but just a feeling. It lasts about 10 minutes, so maybe a digestion thing. Curious if its now just a 'thing' that I have or if its just part of the adjustment. Time will tell I suppose. 

Oh and if I have a big drink, I sneeze. At first I thought it was coincidence and I was just sneezing more than usual, but pretty sure it's linked. 

Saturday night had us attend a wedding. Wasn't sure how that was going to go, but was fine. It was a cocktail wedding so tried a biscuit with beetroot and cream cheese dip, some fish, noodles, and arancini. Also had a bite of a chocolate wedding cupcake. 

Sunday was our small girls 5th birthday party. All my favourite things were there, mars bar slice, honey joys and mud cake (that I know is the best recipe ever). I had some tinned fruit, the smallest half bite of slice and a bottle of powerade. And truth be told, I didn't feel ripped off at all. The desire to over indulge on all those things wasn't even there. It's really really odd. 

Random observation of the week 1. I have a steering wheel gap. A big one. 

Random observation of the week 2. When I look down, I only see boobs! No belly poking out past boobs! 

Weight loss at the end of week 4 = 17.5kg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment