Sunday, February 9, 2014

Three Weeks Post Op

I just realised that I didn't do a 2 weeks post op blog update...oops...

Well, 3 weeks. It's been fast but slow. If I thought the liquid stage was bad, it had nothing on the puree stage. There is absolutely, completely, nothing even remotely OK about puree meat. EVER!

During the 3rd week I wavered between soups and fruit purees. But in good news, water with lemon again became bearable. I can't get anywhere near enough water in, there just isn't enough time in the day to slowly drink as much as I need to, which means I'm feeling rather dehydrated all the time. But noticing each day I am getting more and more in and able to take bigger and bigger mouthfuls, so there is hope.  I'm finding mixing water with Gatorade or powerade is going some way in making me feel slightly less dehydrated. So going to stick with that for a little bit, despite supposed to be only drinking calorie free fluids now.

Speaking of which, diet anything suck balls. I have now tried 4 different brands of diet cordial and they are all foul. I gave them all to my father in law, who isn't allowed sugar. I also tried the zero sugar Gatorade.... spew... worst crap ever.

Last week saw me visit with the surgeon and the dietitian, who were both fairly pleased with my progress. I am now on the way to introducing real foods and man its awesome. So far I have tried some tinned spaghetti, dices mango in juice and get this a cruskit with cream cheese. Oh yeah! That right there was a foodgasm.

The surgeon doesn't need to see me for another 3 months now and said I should be down another 10kg by that time. 10kg is 3 months, really is that all? Considering what I have lost already in a little over a month, and I know I cant keep this up, but surely, I can smash more than 10kg in 3 months. Challenge accepted Mr surgeon.

Still feeling really good, if a little dried out, all wounds are healing well, bar one, which is a bit festy and gross. But let's not over share that little gem.

I think I am starting to notice the weight loss in my face now myself, and possibly a bit of boobage loss, which is all rather devastating. I love my boobs. But so far, I'm not noticing it anywhere else, yet. Oh but I can feel my collar bones. Can't see them yet, but I can feel them. Hanging out for the day when I can see them, heads up, once collar bones are visible, all friends are required to comment on my sexy collar bones at least twice...OK.

So,

At the end of week 2 I had lost 14.6kg.

At the end of week 3 I have lost 16.1kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment