Saturday, January 4, 2014

Change made and cranky no more.

Ive been lamenting the last few days about how hideous the shakes are getting. Yes I know initially I said they were ok, because they were, but seriously, every day they taste worse and worse. 

For the last 2 days I haven't been able to even stomach them. I've been getting by on water, salad and an opti bar (which isn't much better). 

I have done shakes before and it's been ok. But I've done low calorie shakes before, where you have 2 shakes and 1 meal. These are VERY low calorie shakes with no meals. I don't know why they taste sooooo much worse, but they do. So there. 

I digress. 

Complaining on my secret forum about how awful the shakes are and that I can't even drink them, I was pointed in the direction of the 'alternative' to the shakes. 

*why was I not told this before?*

That's right, because I've done shakes before and it was easy. *sigh* so I guess she didn't bother to tell me. 

Anyway. This alternative is such a better idea. Essentially each meal is a serve of protein and veg with bare minimum carbs.

The basic plan is breakfast; omelet with veg (I plan mushroom or spinach or zucchini or carrot, some or all), lunch & dinner; 100g of lean chicken, beef, lamb or fish and 2 cups of salad/veg. There is some allowance for specified cereal and crackers/bread with a list of protein/carb numbers blah blah which the maths nerd in me is excited about. THIS I can do. This is real food. This is much better than those shakes. 

Plus in the recipes with the plan there is a dressing for chicken salad that is low fat Greek yoghurt and curry powder. Why have I never thought of this? So excited to try this. 

Going to the butcher tomorrow to stock up and then going to weigh and bag 100g portions of stuff. 

*mental note: investigate in prawns or calamari count as fish in this instance*

Tonight I had 100g of grilled chicken and salad and I could have cried it was soooo good. 

Oh and I've added lemon slices to my water. 100% better. Plain water = yuk. Lemon water = win. 

Almost managed my 2lt water yesterday and voila, the scales that haven't moved in a few days had dropped 1.4kg overnight. 

Total weight loss to date = 5.9kg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment