Sunday, January 19, 2014

Operation eve

Seriously when I made this decision and upgraded my private health insurance knowing I'd have to wait 12 months, I never thought right now would come. 

But cliche as it is, the year has flown. 

I think having the Christmas and New Year period helped. I've been kept busy and preoccupied. So much so, it's 11:30pm the night before and I haven't even packed yet. Ok, so I haven't unpacked from my girls weekend yet either, but sadly clothing for a girls weekend in Brisbane is probably very different to clothing for a hospital stay. Bugger. 

Today was fluids only and in 30 minutes is fasting time. Can have water at 6am (yeah right as if I'm getting up at that stupid hour), so midnight it is. It was tricky being at a party, that had a BBQ that smelt sooooo good. But not as bad as I thought. 

I had to drop in at hospital tonight for the dreaded clexane injection. Yep, just as painful as I remembered. But it didn't last too long. Then a grocery shop to get suitable bits and bobs for the coming home, plus some basics to feed the rest of the family. Stocked up on pre made protein shakes, drinking yoghurt, custard and canned soup. A cook I am not. So if people want to visit, don't bring chocolate, bring soup. Lol. 

My final to do for today was to drop into the studio I dance at and organise a hold on my membership. I'm going to take term 1 off as I wont be able to dance for a few weeks and its too hard to catch up learn a routine ready for achievement day in half a term. So I will start fresh term 2. 

I decided to shake it one last time before I take a break. Funny how many people noticed I had lost weight already. Lots of hugs and kind wishes from my dance crew. Also caught up with a friend who is 6 months ahead of me, who has lost 40kg and is looking great. 

So it's almost really truly here. I should go to bed and sleep, but I'm like a kid at Christmas....not tired. 

Not sure when I'll be in the head space to blog update, perhaps I should attempt one whilst high on pain killers ;-) could be amusing. 

But for now, thanks to everyone for the love and support. See you on the sleeved side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment