Friday, December 27, 2013

Day 3 Update

Desperately missing the crunch factor. Carrot just doesn't hit the spot. I want a dry crunch like a chip or better yet a cracker with my tomato. *sigh* 

Investigating cauliflower pizza base. All ingredients are allowed. Figuring maybe I could roll out the dough thinner and bake it longer to make kind of crackers. If these work I will also make some salsa to dip into. 

Shakes are going ok. They are super sweet and the chocolate one is slightly grainy. But on the whole bearable. So far. I didn't get strawberry flavour as I don't really dig pink milk in general.  

I got a zoku for Christmas (icypole maker) and have discovered 1 shake = 4 icypoles. On hot days, these are a nice change from just drinking shakes. 

Have been offered some soups to try, so a savory twist might be good. Never thought the day would come that I'd be wanting savory over sweet. 

As expected, water intake is an issue and probably contributing to the constant dull headache I've had for 2 days. (Hi-5 on repeat from the kids isn't helping either). Diet cordial is DISGUSTING. I've never enjoyed the taste of artificial sweetener so it's no surprise. Going to try some fresh lemon and lime in water instead. 

I wasn't going to weigh myself, but, well I have. So far 3.4kg down. I'm certain part of that is the food hangover from Christmas Day and the rest is water. But still amazed its been so much. 

Also noticed that I smell weird. Kind of oniony. Not sure if its linked or just random. But something I noticed. 

Also realised that I need to start thinking about food for post op time. Would be good to have stuff in the freezer ready to go. 

Bugger about being done in summer is that I can't do hot soup on hot days (cold soup is wrong and disgusting) for the liquid stage. But positive, by next summer, most of the excess weight will be gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment