Sunday, December 29, 2013

Day 4 sucked

Yesterday was day 4 and it sucked so much I'm posting on day 5. 

I woke up feeling hungover and headachy. My back ached and the kids noise was making me stabby. 

I dragged my arse to a shower hoping that might help. It didn't. So I made a shake, filled my water bottle, crawled back to bed and put the electric blanket on. 

Getting the shake down was a massive struggle. The same shake that tasted fine the last few days, suddenly tasted foul. I gagged and spluttered. I wanted to not drink it. But knew that part of the crap feeling was probably needing something other than water in my belly. 

I ended up sleeping for a few hours and woke up feeling much better. 

I decided to experiment with my second shake of the day and blended a vanilla one with ice and half a frozen banana. It was awesome. Think there will be more blended shakes in the future. 

Today was also my 9th wedding anniversary. Usually that means a nice dinner out then a movie, theatre, etc. obviously this year there was no fancy dinner. But we did go to see Shakespeare in the botanic gardens which was awesome. Suspect it will become a regular anniversary thing as we went last year too. 

I packed myself a small lunchbox with cherries, strawberries and grapes. We had carrot sticks too. I did break the rules slightly by having a few ryvitas with cheese, ham and tomato. But compared to the chips and chocolate we would normally have, I think it was fine. And the crunch of that ryvita. Oh my, it was the best thing ever. 

Have woken on day 5, after a late sleep in (thanks grandma and aunty for having the kids overnight) feeling good. 

Feel like I've hibernated enough and am ready to get out and about a bit. 

Weight loss to date - 3.9kg. 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so well, especially at this time of year when its easy to just eat whatever

    ReplyDelete