Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Final Pre-Op Surgeon Appointment

On Tuesday 17th December 2013 I had my final pre-op appointment with my surgeon. We chatted briefly again about this surgery being a tool and not a magic solution. He again reiterated that it took time to gain the weight and it would take time to lose it, aka 'you are not going to walk out of the hospital a size 8' (apparently some people actually believe this.. what the?).
 
We discussed any questions I may have of him, apparently he wont do the surgery with a spinal rather than general. Its not that I'm scared of the general, I'm just insanely curious and think being awake during such surgery would be fascinating. But then I also found the process of both of my Cesarean sections fascinating too. He said he would make a quite note against my file that I'm crazy.
 
I signed all the paperwork, confirmed my final appointment with the dietitian and admin nurse and walked out ready to rock and roll.
 
On the final countdown now. Today I confirmed with my private health insurer that the procedure is covered, I contacted the anaesthetist to get a quote for his services (and almost had a heart attack over that) and completed all of the paperwork that I need to take with me to the dietitian meeting.
 
Perhaps I should be scared or nervous, but I'm nothing other than excited. For now. Ask me again a week into the pre-op diet and you might find me cranky and mean. But for now, I cant wait to get through Christmas, New Years, a girls weekend that's been in planning for years and some time with my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment